Sunday, January 31, 2010

sunday


I took Heather's idea and chopped up some collard greens tonight for smoothies. I plan on using unfiltered apple juice, peaches/blueberries/pineapple (whichever one i feel at the moment), hemp protein powder, and a drizzle of maple syrup. I'm not sure how I feel about greens in smoothies yet, but many of you say it's good, so .... I shall try.

Today I will make another recipe from the Ayurvedic cookbook, a soup. Going to try and create a weekly menu plan again. Haven't done that in a long while.

Finished my taxes yesterday and got a nice refund, which I will put mostly into the savings. I'm looking on freecycle for a sewing table, but if i need to buy one i can. i would prefer more antique/vintage looking than anything else. anyone have suggestions?

Today will be spent with a friend, possibly, in the snow, then a cozy dinner, then to bed, to bed, early! School tomorrow. I do feel much more restored than the out-of-sorts that I've been feeling lately. And in one month, it will be much better outside ... at least in this part of the world!



peace,

karen

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so peaceful, just like it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried collard in a smoothy but I LOVE baby spinach - you really can't taste it but you know it's there and it looks SOOOO healthy!
    I've just gone back to menu planning too - def. helps to schedule in those new recipes you want to try I think.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete