Sunday, June 20, 2010

weekly update


farmer's market hydrangeas

I have passed both my written exams! All that remains is a very important oral exam next Tuesday, which I am practicing/studying for now. Halfway there feels pretty good!

This post will be short. I went to the St. Louis zoo today, and just 2 hours in the 105-degree-humid heat was enough to give me a nasty headache (dehydration probably) and tucker me out quite a bit.


I only have 11 days left until graduation, and then the next couple of months will be a flurry of classroom preparation, and possibly a move to a new apartment, provided i find one that i like.

It's a busy time around here. I do try and take a long walk nearly every day, through this quiet suburban neighborhood near my apartment. i don't understand the front lawns. these huge, manicured front lawns that no one actually uses. i could never live in the suburbs. so antiseptic. i just don't understand them. reflecting, i realize this is why i want to leave the current block i'm living on back home in louisville. they got upset with my compost bin. no one line dries or has a garden. it makes me want to cry, is that weird? i get sad thinking about how much better it was when people seemed to live within their means more and do things for themselves.

i've been eating vegan since i got here, with one exception, a pizza out at a restaurant. i've already lost weight so that's nice. of course, we eat less in summer, too. i'd like to lose 15 more pounds but i'm not sure how that's going to happen unless i eat less ... and when i eat i have a huge appetite! at least most of it is healthy!


recent meals here in st. louis.
i am still thinking about establishing a daily yoga/meditative practice. i don't know why it's so hard for me to carve out this space in my day. but i always say that intention means you're halfway there. still, looking forward to getting back to the studio regularly in july and august.

i'm sorry but there's not much else to say ... well there is one thing, but i want to wait a bit on it to see if it actually develops the way i'm hoping it will ;-)

guess i'm just tired. hope you all have a good week! i'll be in the practice room for most of it.



vegan dinner, tonight after the zoo

peace.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on passing your exams and good luck on the next one!

    That's sad about people getting upset about a compost bin... people can be so illogical about these things. They think it's ugly, but they can't see the waste they create as ugly and harmful for our planet. Giant lawns with no purpose really aggravate me... also seeing people mowing them relentlessly everyday to the point where the grass looks sad and unhappy.

    Yum, your food looks good! I'd love to have the will power at some point to go vegan, but it is a bit of a challenge. I should definitely cut back on my cheese intake though.

    ReplyDelete