Monday, May 17, 2010

monday update.

Home sick today with allergies/cold/sinus?? it's so gross. after numerous applications of vitamin d, goldenseal, and vitamin c (and jamming the neti pot up my nose to little success) i've resorted to a sudafed. ugh.

just a quick update, then. going to catch up on all of your inspiring blogs, drink my decaf, and get started on the rest of my montessori work, which i *just might* finish today!! i am soooooo close.

i gave the camera shop permission to tell the people in New York to repair my camera. I can't wait to have it back.

I am taking on a roommate for the summer, which is weird (I am very used to living alone), but good ... I really need the money over the months that I'm not paid. I am determined to try very hard to save a lot more than I have been. Pretty much ALL of my credit card debt at this point is school-related stuff. sigh. ... it'll come down eventually. at least i'm not blowing it on this-and-that like i used to.

went to a clothing swap this weekend, brough two huge bags there and FINALLY saw a dent in my dressers. i hate having so many clothes, most of which i was just hanging on to sentimentally, and not wearing. i think i was inspired by the brown dress project. have you heard of it? anyway, i came home with JUST three skirts, a sweater, and a pretty scarf. not too bad. there was live music in the backyard, a young band with saxophonists from chicago called The Right Now. They're awesome!

The next day, I did the farmer's market, and came away with the most beautiful, juicy strawberries, a bunch of beets, and some chives. Hit a yard sale and got a gorgeous white cotton shirt with eyelet lacing for $1! Got coffee and a muffin at a local shop despite craving "out for breakfast." Went home, did a couple good hours of Montessori work. Later went out for more live music.

Yesterday, my cold thing had exploded but i was able to spent a large chunk of my day doing Montessori-related stuff (including a loooooooooooooong time at Office Depot, ugh). Small dinner at Whole Foods after some grocery shopping -- vegan chicken, couscous salad, collards with sundried tomatoes, noodles, spicy kimchee, and a Kombucha tea. Went home and made homemade pizza. Homemade crust, topped with homemade pesto, broccoli, and *really good* vegan cheese (Follow your Heart brand).

so much i wish i could've taken pictures of. soon, loves, soon.

have been implementing Gretchen Rubin's (The Happiness Project) idea for 10 minutes/day of tidying up. It's amazing what you can do in just 10 minutes! Try it!

hope you all have a great day. i'm going to breathe as much as I can::there are only two days of school left! I leave for St. Louis in just two weeks. Hard to believe, this is it, crunch time!! (exams and certification) Reading Dr. Montessori's books like crazy.

Can't wait to have a full year ahead of me with no homework to settle into my new classroom, learn to sew, and work on squirreling away money and paying down my debt. I do like the idea of having a 2-bedroom apartment from now on. I can buy a cheap futon bed and have roommates whenever I need some extra cash. And when I don't need it, voila:: sewing room! :-)

have a great day, everyone. love.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything is going well for you, though I'm sure you could have done without the sinus infection. I had one of those linger for a month last year - not fun. Love the idea of you getting a room mate for the Summer. Best of luck for your upcoming exams.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete