Saturday, August 7, 2010

slowing down.


stove-popped with olive oil and sea salt! love that vintage pyrex bowl i found ...

homemade vegan sunday brunch, thanks to the cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance. yes, that's brunch for two you see! :-)
on the menu:: blueberry pancakes, tempeh bacon, herb-roasted potatoes, fresh peaches and blackberries (local!) with coconut milk yogurt, coffee mixed with mexican hot chocolate and fennel seeds (thanks for the last one, sarah k!)



gosh, it's been such a busy set of three summers, culminating of course with my graduation and certification as an AMI-trained Montessori primary teacher this July.

this summer, in particular, has felt very hectic, what with starting a classroom up from scratch and moving in the same month.

i'm looking forward to a fall of unhurried weekends, sewing and knitting of Christmas gifts. I want a weekend of relaxing, yoga, and good food in Chicago with my new sweetie. I want picnics in the park and hikes. I want to read more of the books on my very full "to read" bookshelf that's sitting in my bedroom.

one of the best things about moving to a much smaller place has been the elimination of STUFF. boxes upon boxes. furniture. knick knacks. et cetera. Now just one last pile to go through, and undoubtedly more stuff will hit the curb. I have really just what I need, a knitting corner, a place to sew, and a dedicated space for my yoga mat. I'm good, thanks.

for the first time in my life, i do not own a television set. i love this.

now that moving is done, i've been focusing on doing what i do best: cooking! vegan pizzas, peach cobbler, and yummy grain salads with beans and raw farmer's market veg have all been making an appearance. tomorrow i plan on making a midsummer corn chowder, from the cookbook Veganomicon.

i have one more week until school starts. can't believe how fast it's flown. hence, the plans for a very relaxed fall season. which is good, 'cause it's one of my very favorites. bring it on, please.

in the meantime, here is some eye candy for you.

rain sprinkles on our city's free monthly music festival


Vegan picnics! (thanks to Carrie for the delicious TLT's! -- tempeh lettuce tomato with vegenaise)




vegan picnics, followed by rainbows


i then re-created the TLT's at home, they were so good ...


peach cobbler from local peaches



pizza, from scratch




new corners i love.












my first attempts!


peace.

k.

No comments:

Post a Comment