Sunday, October 10, 2010


new corners

How to start this post?

Oh, everything is fine, I just feel a bit slumpy and unmotivated these days. I think some of it is exhaustion from night owl tendencies that don't go away just because I'm forced onto a work schedule. Some of it is stress from a relationship that I'm having to end because it's unhealthy for both partners. And some of it is just still feeling slightly cluttered by unpacked moving boxes. Some of it probably comes from watching way too many episodes of Grey's Anatomy (currently just finished season 2) on DVD. Whoops. What can I say, it's great writing.

I have been cooking, though. And that is always good. I made an incredible buffalo tofu pizza yesterday, and lentil daal with rice for the monthly Earthsave potluck dinner. Tonight, if the tofu I forgot to thaw ever thaws, I'm going to do a crockpot dish of tofu, spaghetti squash, coconut milk, and green curry paste. For lunch tomorrow, to start.

I've been drinking lots of organic peppermint tea. How I love peppermint tea. Simple pleasures.

I have also gotten back into the habit of doing yoga at least twice a week. Walks are somewhat falling off the wayside for me, though. Hoping to hike again next weekend, it didn't really happen this one. Too much homebodying around, which isn't a bad thing. I've needed it. I might go to a restorative yoga class tonight, though. I think I pulled a neck muscle pretty badly in the last vinyasa class I did and it's been hurting me for two days now. Hoping it will pass with enough gentle exercise and rest.

In my little craft studio, I'm settling in. Got an armchair for knitting, a table for sewing, two windows with plenty of beautiful morning light. I have three out of four baby hats to finish for a sweet friend who just yesterday gave birth to a happy, healthy baby girl.

I'd really like to do that someday. Ahem, as you all know. Someday ...




I'll post more pictures soon. Gonna go try and gather up some more energy to get me through the week!

Love to you,

k.

No comments:

Post a Comment