Thursday, March 10, 2011

clean


I find that baking soda, vinegar, and lemon/tea tree essential oils, and hot water, really go the distance at my house.

thinking of making my own laundry detergent next (after my soap nuts run out). any ideas? pondering something with borax and essential oils. i want a liquid but i guess powder would be okay. the simpler, the better.

i love cleaning my house (but not deep cleaning my oven). am i nuts? :-)

clean house, clean mind. so true. the guy pictured below is wonderful, but does need to learn to clean the sink and counters of dishes and grit after every meal! one must make evening tea in a cozy kitchen. or so i think!

on another note entirely, i also refuse to use chemicals (or animal-tested products) in the shower. my favorites are Avalon Organics shampoo and conditioner, Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soaps, and various cruelty-free vegan soap bars made locally/regionally. i use tree of life tea tree oil face wash, touted as "100 percent vegan"

the only makeup i ever wear is mascara, and i buy mineral to avoid petroleum. for moisturizers i use dr. bronner's and for my face, Beauty Without Cruelty brand SPF 15 lotion.

hope that didn't sound too much like an ad!

anyway, get back to me with simple laundry soap recipes. thanks!

love and light,

karen

No comments:

Post a Comment