Friday, July 8, 2011

I've decided on YES.

**wrote this the other night but for some reason blogger wouldn't publish....so...here you are!**


...a scene from the inspiring Columbia River Gorge ....

So. School is now over, and after writing two major research papers due Oct. 1, my master's degree in Montessori education will be complete.

Big news for you (and for me, really!): I am going to start up my own business running classes for homeschooled children, or young children who just aren't going to a half or full-day preschool.

Classes will start Oct. 3. I will start small. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I do know WHY I'm doing it. The reasons are personal, but I've blogged about them before, being the open book I am.

I will probably be running these out of other people's homes, but I would like to open my own home to something at least once a week.

I will create a Web site. Any advice on this? I want to do it all myself and have it be tech-anxiety friendly. Should it just be a blog?

Other goals this late summer/fall include learning how to sew and play the banjo, and increasing my knitting repertoire on ravelry. And erm, painting the ugly kitchen cabinets. And getting one more couch and a really sweet table good for dinner parties.

You'll probably be hearing a lot more about this business thing soon. I'm so excited! But for now ... three weeks of vacation in New England!

Love and light,

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Great job on finishing up school, hope you enjoy your vacation! I don't have children yet but when I do, I would love for them to take classes with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you choose to start your own business! :-)
    Enjoy your travels + summer. Your plans sound oh so good, so alive + full of joy.
    Varya (silent long-time reader + first time commenter)

    ReplyDelete