Tuesday, July 12, 2011

vacation, pretty sweet




check these out ... i could not resist. they are adorable ... and a steal at $18!!

so far, vacation is going well.

day one - beach

day two - goodwill shopping (found a $2 silky nightgown AND two vintage dresses, AND vintage-looking brown heels, yee haw!!), vegan pistachio ice cream

day three - bought trail shoes and the new Gillian Welch album. gillian's coming to louisville at the end of august. oh i also bought my harry potter ticket for friday!

day four - will be spent on a long hike followed by an evening of yin yoga

i am avoiding, of course, thoughts of a research paper topic that still needs to be narrowed down and approved ... and too many thoughts of the small business i have yet to start. not that i'm not super excited about both my papers and my business ... but i like having daydreaming thoughts about teaching myself sewing in my sweet little studio and receiving banjo lessons. and getting back into cooking! my favorite cookbook author has a low-fat, vegan cookbook just out - I'll be getting that and cooking for the boyfriend and myself very soon. we also need a freezer for all the food i plan on putting by once i'm back in august! hello craigslist...no luck yet but i have faith. why in heaven are modern freezers so small?

also, i have some bling picked out ... let's just say a proposal looms large on the horizon!! it's recycled, blood-free bling...even better.

i'm on a diet of portion-control. i stepped on the scale here and no one's denying it when i say "I can't believe I've gained all this weight!" goes to show even vegans can't escape the huge stomachs we americans have inherited. i'm also avoiding most oils and sugars and added sodium for the time being. after three days i'm doing okay. a bit hungry. oh well. i also need to be more active, i'm thinking exercise twice a day, just basically ramping up the swimming-walking-hiking-yoga thing.

this blog is still feeling somewhat directionless so maybe i should keep posts shorter. i'm still not totally happy with it. it's supposed to be a simple living blog at its heart ... not just a ramble of daily activity. i don't know ....

stay tuned for more soon. i'm trying to be better about posting more frequently.

love and light,

karen

1 comment:

  1. My blog started out about food and weight loss but now it's just whatever I feel like writing about at the time. I'm still not sure what I want to do with it but I'm glad I took the pressure off myself to make it about food all the time :)

    ReplyDelete