Saturday, October 20, 2012

new craft space

I am so excited to share this with you. Happened upon the antique table in a thrift store this week for $40. a true steal, it fits magically well with the $20 antique chair I picked up when we first moved to Virginia. My new crafting space in the tiniest room in the house. I also do yoga in this room. The rug was thrifted on the same day and in the same place as the table, for $14.99 and smelled sweet, like soap. The things that patience brings you, one of the true perks of a rural area with its other, non-negotiable frustrations.






Now I just need to learn how to sew ... beginner's links appreciated. I am thinking of coasters, cloth napkins, and three-part card pouches from my classroom.

Things are relaxed here lately on the weekends. We could fill them with activities outside the home, but are choosing not to. This pace feels right, a retreat from the very stressful, nearly all-consuming first two months of school. For me, being home is catching up on housework (laundry, sweeping, dishes, deep cleaning of certain areas, menu planning, cooking staples like beans and tofu and baked goods, catching up on finances), knitting, reading a great page-turner of a novel. napping, sometimes. long walks and yoga on video. I say, why feel guilty about not turning outward when turning inward feels so right? Just be as you are in the moment. The socializing, well .. plenty of time and opportunities for that. To give myself the true gift of rest is unparalleled.


No comments:

Post a Comment