Wednesday, November 28, 2012

on food:: 28 november


(pardon my lack of camera, i left it at a friend's over thanksgiving!!)

this week it's three days in, and food-wise, it's been good::

monday: mostly vegan daiya cheddar pasta bake with mixed veg

tuesday: sweet-potato and black bean soft tacos on whole grain spelt tortillas with lime cream sauce

wednesday: tuscan soup (tomatoes, chickpeas, a TON of cumin and turmeric, spinach)

and soon: pumpkin-quinoa white bean chili! YUMMMO.

These are easy recipes to put together in under an hour on weeknights. On Friday we're just doing a platter with crackers, veggies, dip. Maybe some stove-popped popcorn. Easy peasy!

I also made my first bowl of steel cut oatmeal of the season, i mixed in honey, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, pecans, and hemp seed. and some homemade vegan nut cream made with soaked cashews and dates.

Tomorrow night is knitting night at the yarn shop up north of me, good, I've been slacking. I don't like to knit weeknights when I'm tired, usually I make it to the gym and to my bedside novel.

What have you been cooking lately? I'm always looking for inspiration! Remember, we are going vegan for two months Jan. 1!

Blessings,

k.

No comments:

Post a Comment