Saturday, February 23, 2013

23 Feb :: just things to say



Okay, this is the home stretch of winter.

Six luxurious weekends of "nothing much doing". Until April, yes.

I'm as happy as a clam.

I have plenty to read.

I have plenty to cook.

I have plenty to knit.

As much as I love spring, I'm in no rush yet for the busy-ness of that season-to-come. I've practiced a good fair bit of "present moment" and "relaxing into the moment" this winter and I'm quite proud of myself. Although don't be fooled, often my idea of "relaxing" is doing dishes, sweeping the floor, and folding laundry -- I am very much a busybody Grammy about the house! But I've learned to let some of it go sometimes for the sake of John and I, and really ... myself.

I'm being inspired by a friend who sticks to her three workouts a week religiously and both looks and feels great. I was going about six times a week, a bit overkill. I will scale back and make the the three really count!

Want to drink more holy basil and green teas.

Want to knit more, always that. Bought more yarn tonight to make two more prayer shawls not as prayer shawls but just because they are so pretty and warm and cozy! Great for traveling, too, I think (thinking wistfully back upon many train rides taken).

I'm absolutely loving my "job" right now (more like calling), more every day especially since being so inspired at the AMI conference in Florida. It took a while for the benefits I gained to really sink in and once I started using them in practice it's helped me to self-reflect, to see myself even in the moment as if from the outside as I interact with the children. I'm happy here though it is physically and emotionally grueling work.

Vegetarian. Trying to get back on that path. The vegan thing just ... fizzled. It's not for me right now. The very occasional stubborn bout of meat-eating has hung on but I just can't defeat the idea of eating "dead" things. And the cruelty ... ah. I have so many ethical issues. We loved a homemade lentil soup last night with slices of fried Tofurkey beer brat thrown in. So simple, satisfying, and super delicious. It's amazing what people buy processed.

Went through a winter doldrums moment for a week or two or maybe even three, accompanied by a cold. It's gone now, my resolve and cheer have slowly returned, but steadily. Grateful for "me" again. Was on the verge of taking SJW again but good to know it's there if I need it, it always works.

I want to write letters to my friends. Must get on that horn. I have no idea when I'll visit Connecticut again. I like it less each time. The south/midwest really do suit me more.

Contemplating a day trip plus hike over spring break, also sewing lessons in summer. Wondering if anyone will buy horseback riding lessons as a wedding present ;-)

The wedding "planning" if you can call it that, is crawling but at least it's a go. The major stuff, yeah, we'll figure it out this month and next. We have our places (visiting both tomorrow), I will soon have my dress, and the color samples for dress are going out to the bridesmaids. I also have to send the "save the date" info to my awesome pal Bonnie who's illustrating them for me. Then, hopefully by the end of April, the invites will be OUT!! I have no idea how to craft a wedding registry but apparently Amazon has a universal wishlist. Cool. We will have all sorts of crazy things on it like camping gear and vitamix. haha.

Oh this is such a bunch of precious ramble, I am sorry! I can never seem to get this "earth mama crunchy girl with perfect pictures" blog right. Thanks for reading anyhow. I think I need to add a Nikon to that list above!

Love and light,

K.


No comments:

Post a Comment