Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This is what happens when you "just stop in quick to goodwill." (among a few other items I did not photograph, but they are all *adorable* classroom stuff)



a rare, vintage $15 find. I immediately thought of the red chair in your kitchen, Heather at Beauty that Moves! The seat flips up and becomes another step ... oh-so-cool. look at that cheerful spring color!

pic of eclectic lime-green and wood $71 armchair to come ... oh, i just couldn't leave it there!

(i assure you, there is an ING account with saved money going into it regularly!)

This weekend, I'm going to plant things for the first time in my life. Here are my goals: (don't know why it loaded sideways, lol!!)


Knitting projects of late include dishcloths and headscarves (easy), challenges soon to come are magic loop socks and mayyyyybe the February lady sweater by Elizabeth Zimmerman (loved yours, Soule Mama!) or something similar. I am terrified of doing both but going to plunge ahead ... I've been knitting almost two years already and nothing past headscarves, simple hats, scarves, and dishcloths. Here we go!

My BEST friend in the world is coming to stay with me for a few weeks next week! I've already started cleaning this house I've been so lazy on. It's amazing how much better the energy moves through the rooms when you've picked up just a very little! On deck for this weekend (not so much for her sake, but she's the excuse!):: a full kitchen-floor and stove clean, a full bathroom clean, and sweeping of all my wooden floors and shaking out of rugs.

The crocuses are up and the daffodils are on their way! Now if only the sun could come to visit ...



The vegan -- yes, VEGAN!! -- pizza came out very good. The dough, out of the book Vegan with a Vengeance (i highly recommend it!), makes two crusts. The pizza I made tonight to last through the rest of the week's dinners is the same, but with broccoli added. Poor broccoli, scorched a bit. Oh, well. It will still taste good, I'm sure.

Hopefully I can find a cup of peppermint tea, fold a tiny bit of Laundry Mountain, and get to bed before midnight.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I miss vegan pizza! So good to hear about your friend and that chair is delightful!

    ReplyDelete