Wednesday, August 18, 2010

simple woman's daybook.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the crickets are chirping.

I am thinking... about how the rest of the school year is going to go.

I am thankful for... my self-discipline.

From the learning rooms... many, many new lessons!

From the kitchen... just leftovers from the freezer today.

I am wearing... gray skirt, tank top-style shirt with green leaves and pleated front.

I am creating... space in my too-full brain ... somehow. probably by getting off the computer, which eats up far too much of my time.

I am going... to bed in a bit to say "to hell with the details, i'm going to get immersed in crime and punishment!"

I am reading... lol ... Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I am hoping... that he can do it, and that it means good things for us.

I am hearing... the central air and the crickets.

Around the house... a leaky tub faucet, one more pile of junk to still sort through, clean children's snack dishes, some knitting needles waiting patiently for itchy fingers. a sewing machine mad from lack of use.

A few plans for the rest of the week: garden plot visiting, looking at my friend's photos from her trip to africa, community bread baking and meal, bhagavad gita reading at my yoga studio, homemade pizza, teaching my class how to walk on the line, a new type of meeting to attend, sewing, knitting, tidying up, a little shopping for groceries and classroom necessities, laundry, dinner with a friend, a picnic or a hike, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment