Thursday, February 10, 2011

simple woman's daybook


attempting to get tons of veggies and whole grains back in my life ... lunch the last two days has been red quinoa topped with steamed swiss chard, lemon juice and tahini ... simple but soul (and belly!) filling. the above salad was around for a while, too, recently.

Outside my window... it's dark and frigid cold but supposed to warm up considerably for this weekend ... yay, hiking!!

I am thinking... about remembering to be young when i AM young and not to worry myself about the serious stuff yet, to take it when it comes.

I am thankful for.. my boyfriend flying out to visit me this weekend, and for moving here soon!

From the learning rooms...parent conferences tomorrow. these are always difficult for me. there's good reasons why i work with children ...

From the kitchen... kitchen's closed. i think lunch tomorrow is amy's no chick'n noodle soup and saltines and dinner is mexican food out

I am wearing... one of my mom's old nightgowns

I am creating... knitted gifts that were supposed to be for christmas ... whoops

I am going... to go read in my bed for a bit before bed

I am reading... girl with the dragon tattoo, children at play (waldorf book), formation of man (montessori book), and living outside the box (book about living a tv free life, yay!)

I am hearing... my cranked-up heat circulating ... but why are my feet never warm in winter?

Around the house... all is quiet. almost bedtime.

One of my favorite things... a clean house which i more or less have now

A few plans for the rest of the week: finally, a weekend of relaxation! dinner out, dinner in, snuggling, hiking, art museum. sleeping, sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Sorry I have been such a bad blogging buddy. It's been busy around here with Summer holidays, then the girls going back to school. Plus Amy and I have made the move to eating mostly vegan (all vegan except our own chicken's eggs).
    Looks like you're keeping busy. Did I see mention of a boyfriend? Congrats. I remember telling you once your time would come :-). Anyway, I'm off now to read more of your recents posts but I didn't want to run out of time to leave you a comment.

    ReplyDelete