Thursday, February 23, 2012

making it work ...


Heather's workshop has me inspired to finally create a more organized recipe system. An old-fashioned way of keeping track of family favorites and to-try recipes. Not sure how I'll do this yet. Still at the idea stage, I guess.

I'm still cooking up more veg lately. Kale has figured prominently in just about everything. Lots of morning green smoothies (as I sit typing eating soy vanilla ice cream out of the carton, oy). Today I made honey-miso tofu steaks and friday will roast root and tender veggies in maple syrup and soy sauce. Tomorrow, homemade white pizza with fresh mozzarella, potatoes, onion, garlic (john's request).

Sadly, the knitting needles are still mostly silent. I really also should write some real letters to friends. It's funny what being madly in love does to your brain. Not complaining! Oh, we've had our growing pains. Arguments, large and small. Wonderful to get past that with the absolute right person for you though. We learn as we go. For instance, I stay up super late and he gets up super early. Sometime in the middle, we sleep together. There were bigger things not so easy, learning to let go, accept, love unconditionally, leashing up the pesky ego. We jumped into this, so in some ways we are working in reverse of many couples. It's ok. We have no regrets, only an immense love for each other that grows by the day. Like grass in summer. :-)

There is a lot going on behind the scenes of this blog and all the foodie stuff I mostly talk about. Job searching, soul searching. Deciding big things together. Family heaviness. In short, real life. We are not really sure yet where we'll be even half a year from now. Vermont is talked about a lot, to my delight. There is even an interview for a job there. Nothing is certain. Backing up the uncertainty and fear and self-doubt is an absolute knowledge that keeping a loving, peaceful, complete home wherever home is for the moment will be the foundation upon which we build everything else to come. Or even just a safe haven to release the tensions of the moment. Hence, my nesty need to organize a homemaker's binder.

Oh, yes, there's more time being spent on the yoga mat, as well. And plans are being made for fun things, a day in the city, draft Yuengling beer, movies to be seen (sewing machine to be cracked, banjo to be played??).

I think maybe I need to start a wedding idea compilation too, binder form??

be well out there. be well toward yourself. be well toward your loved ones. they will return it, thousandfold.

xo,

karen

2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT to see you in Vermont. I have visions of visiting you guys at your farmhouse, and you'll come out and greet us in a dress and barefoot, stirring a bowl of bread or something. <3 I love it.

    Also - yum, Yuengling!!!! :) Jealous that you have access to it down there! ;)

    And, why not begin some "collections" on Pinterest? That would be a great place to collect some of the web-related things, in a weddings or food or whatever board! Plus, you could get feedback from others about your ideas/thoughts/decisions!

    Love you bunches!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet response from Ari! I, too, can envision an earthy VT welcome! You'll have ginger scones and a wee one running around in the sunshine. :)
    tee hee.

    I, too, and very jealous of the draft Yuengling. So good and crisp!

    I love that you've turned this transitional phase into bounty and you are ever so thoughtful! I particularly loved this sentiment, and agree fully:

    'Backing up the uncertainty and fear and self-doubt is an absolute knowledge that keeping a loving, peaceful, complete home wherever home is for the moment will be the foundation upon which we build everything else to come.' :)

    Hopefully John makes you a couple meals here and there too, heheheh! ;)

    ReplyDelete